According to a new report by Queensland University of Technology, sustainable buildings outperform non-sustainable buildings in every aspect.
The study says that properties with recorded sustainable
features took up to 13 days less to sell and had a median price that was 10%
higher than non-sustainable properties.
Here are the top seven benefits of incorporating
sustainability features into a residential property, as identified by
· More savings on utility bills and less
· Reduced construction materials and emissions
· Less days need to sell the property
· Improved comfort and long-term lifestyle
· Greater median price
· Higher re-sale value
· Informed decision making
Here are some of the best sustainability features that
investors can incorporate into their properties:
· Installing roof, ceiling & floor insulation
· Ensuring that all building materials are non
· Installing solar panels
· Utilizing energy efficient appliances
· Adding hard-wired photo electronic smoke alarms
to bedrooms, kitchens etc
· Ensuring the property is located away from
threats of landslides, soil slip and flooding
· Utilising an open floor plan
Avoid over-capitalisation and compare any up-front costs with ongoing savings.
Need a property or renovation loan?
Contact us @ email@example.com
Source: Your Green Guide: Residential
Real Estate 2018
Wednesday, 5 February 2020